Currently supported devices
– In order to ensure a proper performance of the App, please turn of the auto-rotate function of the mobile phone (screen rotation).
– Bluetooth Access has to be granted to SensorConnect. The App will ask for permission in case it is not granted and opens the necessary settings dialog.
– In case an Empatic E4 shall be used, it has to be registered at Ergoneers GmbH. Please contact email@example.com in order to register your Empatica E4.
– Mobile Phone and D-Lab Computer are connected via Wifi. Therefore, both devices need to be connected to the same network.
– The Empatica Wristband is connected to the mobile phone via Bluetooth.
Open Datastrem Configuration Menu
In the Recording-Devices-Window left-click on next to “Datastream” to open the Datastream Configuration Menu.
Enter a name for the Datastream (e.g. SensorConnect)
IP-Adresse and Port
D-Lab opens a Server to which the SensorConnect App sends data. Select the IP-Address for the server from the dropdown menu, and enter a port-number.
To receive data from the SensorConnect App every channel that is sent by the App needs to be defined. The channels must be defined in the order in which the data is sent by the App. The order can be changed by draging&dropping single datachannels to another position.
Left-Click on to add a data-channel.
Confirm Channel Configuration
Left-Click on to confirm the Channel Configutration.
Enter Connection Settings
Tap on IP-Address and / or Port to adjust the connection settings.
Enter the IP-Address that was selected for the SensorConnect-Datastream in D-Lab (siehe Configuring D-Lab)
Enter the Port that was selected for the SensorConnect-Datastream in D-Lab (siehe Configuring D-Lab)
Watch Icon: If the Icon is flashing in a light-blue colour, SensorConnect is waiting for the connection to an Empatica E4.
Bluetooth Icon: A light-blue Bluetooth icon is also indicating that the bluetooth-connection is awaiting a connection.
Empatica E4: Turn on the Empatica E4 Wristband by pressing the Power-Button for about 1s. The Empatica will start flashing green until it is connected. Once connected the light will be turned off.
Watch Icon: Once the connection between the Empatica E4 and SensorConnect is established, the watch icon will stop flashing and turn to a dark blue. Values for Heartrate, Accleeration and GPS will be shown on the Homescreen of the App.
– Connection between D-Lab and SensorConnect is established (siehe Configuring D-Lab & Configuring SensorConnect)
– Empatica E4 Wristband is connected to SensorConnect and data is received (siehe Connect Empatica mit der SensorConnect)
Empatica E4 Wristband is connected to SensorConnect and data is received -Button on the home-screen of the SensorConnect App. Once Data is streamed it can be recorded, visualized and processed in D-Lab.